Mon – Thurs 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. - Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. - Saturday: 9 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Closed Sunday
Phone: 765-569-5544 - Fax: 765-569-5546 - Email: email@example.com - Location: 106 N. Market St., Rockville, IN 47872
- For adults we offer: Bestsellers, Westerns, Mysteries, Science Fiction, Magazines, Newspapers, Audiobooks, Large Print Books
- For children we offer: Picture Books, Easy Readers, Popular Series Books, Fiction and Non-Fiction, Young Adult, Magazines, and Videos. Storytime for preschoolers is every Friday from 10-10:30 am. Also, during the month of June, we offer storytime for ages 0-12 every Friday from 10-10:45 am.
- We also offer public access computers (includes access to the Internet, Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Desktop Publishing).
We offer handicapped accessible entry from the rear parking lot with a lift to the second floor.
- Black and white copies – 15 cents per side
- Color copies–$1 per side
- Microfilm reader/printer—25 cents per page
- Computer printouts—25 cents per page
- Public Fax–$1 for the first page of a fax sent and 25 cents for each additional page. We also receive faxes for 20 cents per page.
Yes! Using the ID number on your card you can log in and see what is checked out to you and when it is due.
- Go tohttp://www.rockvillepl.lib.in.us.
- Click on Catalog.
- Click on Rockville Public Library (in blue).
- Click on Login at the top.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click MyInfo to see your account information
Your username is your patron id (barcode on your library card). You will need to enter “p” before you enter the number.
Yes! We have a great genealogy department. The items in that department do not circulate but you can make copies. You may come in and work in that area or you can call, email, or mail a request to the staff for information. If you would like us to send copies to you, there is a charge of $1 per page and we request a self-addressed stamped envelope along with a check or money order.
- Microfilmed Parke County newpapers from 1853 to present and Parke County Census records
- Newspaper obituaries are indexed on the web at www.ingenweb.org
- Parke County National Register of historic places
- Parke County Veteran’s records
- Family histories
- Birth and death records
- Census records & indexes
- Marriage records
- Parke County SAR/DAR genealogy records
- Parke County Revolutionary war veterans’ records
- Plat maps and many miscellaneous items
One meeting room is available for non-profit and public meetings. Reservations are required. Please inquire at the upstair’s desk or call to reserve the room.
Rockville Public Library (RPL) computing resources (wireless Internet and computers) shall be used for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only. No unauthorized, illegal or unethical activity, including violation of copyright permitted. Illegal acts involving RPL computing resources may be subject to prosecution by local, state or federal authorities.
Failure to abide by these standards or violation of the policy listed below will result in the loss of computing resource privileges for six (6) months for the first offense; possible permanent removal for second offense. Rockville Public Library is the sole arbiter of what constitutes violation of the RPL acceptable use policy.
- No computer/Internet use if patron or member of household has a fine or overdue library material (there is only one library card per household).
- All computer users must sign in at circulation desk and provide requested information.
- Patrons must be at least 10 years of age or be accompanied by an adult.
- 45 minute computer use limit if someone is waiting • may be adjusted if patron is working on a project.
- Limit of one user per workstation at a time. Exceptions must be approved by library staff.
- Patrons may not access pornography, chat rooms, instant messaging, social networking (Myspace, Facebook, etc.), violence and hate speech, gambling, illicit drugs or other objectionable sites. Exhibition of obscene matter is a Class A misdemeanor and can be a Class D felony in Indiana (IC 35-49-3-1).
- Patrons should also be aware that Library staff may monitor use of the computers for the limited purpose of ensuring compliance with this Policy, and hereby consent to such monitoring.
- Patrons may not access computer hard drives, install programs, or tum computers off.
- Patrons will be charged 25 cents per page for all computer generated printing.
- Rockville Public Library (RPL) does not provide any security or protection for credit card numbers, account numbers, e-mail passwords or protection of personal private information submitted. The RPL assumes no responsibility in this regard.
The Rockville Public Library board reserves the right to revise all policies at any time.
Books - 2 weeks
Games and Movies - 3 days
Games and Movies: $1.00/day